Organizations must meet a specific set of eligibility criteria to apply for a grant. If the following requirements are met, an organization may apply:
- Organization is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit in good standing with the IRS and designated as a public charity as defined under Section 509(a)1 or 509(a)2
- Organization can provide most recent Form 990, Form 990–N, or Form 990–EZ
- Organization’s purpose falls under at least one of the Foundation’s key Giving Pillars: Affordable Housing, Education, Youth Programs and Health and Human Services
- Organization serves one or more communities where a Blue Foundry Bank branch is located.
Blue Foundry Charitable Foundation will generally NOT consider requests from or in support of the following:
- Private foundations or grants to other grant-making organizations
- Municipalities or government agencies
- Sponsorships of any kind, including, but not limited to, galas, gold outings, performances, or other special events
- Scholarships, fellowships, grants, stipends, or individual endeavors
- Political lobbying or legislative activities
- Existing deficits, retroactive funding, or debt reduction
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities
- Long-term strategy for delivering solutions to supporting identified needs within the surrounding community.
- Organization delivers measurable, cost-effective results.
- Provides incentives and stimulation for the private and public sectors to work together in community problem solving.
- Demonstrates an ability to be sustainable or to obtain future funding if it will be needed.
The Applicant for a Foundation Grant will be asked to submit a written request describing the initiative seeking support. The Foundation may request submission of one or more of the following from a Grant Applicant:
- A statement of purpose and goals for the Grant
- Target area within the organization/community the Grant will Address
- Evidence of 501(c) (3) status
- A list of the organization’s Officers and Board of Directors
- Any Bank Employee, Director or Advisory Director knowledgeable about the project or initiative
- Recent public relations materials and other relevant information
- Annual Report (if applicable) and other Financial Statements
- Sources of funding (including other contributions)
- Organization’s total Budget Total
Once you have received your Grant, please take a moment to follow the next steps: