- Grant recipients must demonstrate Section 501(c) (3) status, a need for private financial support and a direct relevance to the Foundation’s key Giving Pillars: affordable housing, education, youth programs, and health and human services.
- Grants are generally limited to use in the market areas served by the community.
- Grants will include support for program development as well as for new and expanded facilities and equipment.
- The Foundation does not provide financial support for political organizations or candidates for political office or activities for sectarian purposes and does not engage in political lobbying.
- The Foundation does not generally make contributions to individual endeavors.
- Officers, Directors and Employees of the Bank, the Company, and any affiliates are generally not eligible to receive Grants from the Foundation.
- Organizations are only eligible to apply for or receive one grant from Blue Foundry Charitable Foundation per calendar year.
- The Foundation does not give sponsorships.
- Long-term strategy for delivering solutions to supporting identified needs within the surrounding community.
- Organization delivers measurable, cost-effective results.
- Provides incentives and stimulation for the private and public sectors to work together in community problem solving.
- Demonstrates an ability to be sustainable or to obtain future funding if it will be needed.
The Applicant for a Foundation Grant will be asked to submit a written request describing the initiative seeking support. The Foundation may request submission of one or more of the following from a Grant Applicant:
- A statement of purpose and goals for the Grant
- Target area within the organization/community the Grant will Address
- Evidence of 501(c) (3) status
- A list of the organization’s Officers and Board of Directors
- Any Bank Employee, Director or Advisory Director knowledgeable about the project or initiative
- Recent public relations materials and other relevant information
- Annual Report (if applicable) and other Financial Statements
- Sources of funding (including other contributions)
- Organization’s total Budget Total
Once you have received your Grant, please take a moment to follow the next steps: